SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Dritz®: 5/8" fold-over elastic Fray Check™
- Safety pin
1. Determine the length of laces and cut the elastic accordingly.
2. Fold one end of the elastic in half (using the natural woven line down the center).
3. Cut the end at an angle, to create a tip. This will be the point used to lace the shoe.
4. Apply Fray Check™ to the entire cut end and let dry. Repeat for the other end.
5. Fold each piece in half, lengthways, and insert a safety pin to find the center.
6. Fold the two ends in half again, to create the tips, and weave each side through the shoestring holes. Use the safety pin as a guide to keep each side even when lacing.