1. Wash surfaces in warm soapy water. Allow to dry. Wipe with rubbing alcohol to remove any residue.
2. Make sure to plan and measure both the silkscreen and the surface. To get an idea of what it will look like before painting, copy and print the design on paper first and tape it to your surface. Finalize your design and mark the placement with a wax pencil.
3. Cut out desired design elements. Remove the backing from the silkscreen and set aside to later store the silkscreen. Position the silkscreen on the surface, smoothing to eliminate any wrinkles. Use a squeegee or pouncer to apply paint.
4. The squeegee is ideal for flat surfaces or large spaces. Apply a line of paint along one edge of the silkscreen. Place the squeegee above the line of paint and pull it down into the design area with light, even pressure. Use a smooth, fluid motion to spread the paint. Continue spreading until the paint fills the entire design area.
5. The pouncer is ideal for curved or intricate areas and small surfaces. Pour a small amount of paint onto your palette. Load the paint sparingly on a pouncer, dab off excess, and onto silkscreen. Apply second coat if necessary.
6. Silkscreen monogram letters Habanero, accent trim of Swiss dots with Pool. While paint is still wet, carefully peel off the silkscreen. Wash and completely dry silkscreens before reusing. Let painted designs dry for 30 minutes before applying another silkscreen. Allow project to dry completely.
7. All painted glass projects should be cured to increase the paint's durability. Use either of the following techniques:
8. Bake to Cure - Place dry painted glassware into cool oven. Set oven to 350 degress F and bake for 30 minutes. Glass must heat gradually with the oven to avoid breakage. Do not place glass in a hot oven. After 30 minutes, turn off the oven. Allow glass to cool completely in oven. Wait 72 hours before using.
9. Air Cure - Air dry completed projects for 21 days before using.
10. Rinse silkscreens and tools immediately after use to remove excess paint. Do not allow paint to dry on silkscreen.
NOTE: Use only the Air Cure technique for projects decorated with Glitter Glass paints.
SHIPPINGShipping your purchase is easy at JOANN! Orders typically leave our warehouses within 1-3 business days (Mon-Fri). Delivery date depends on the destination address and the shipping method. You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped.
RETURNSReturns can be made for FREE in any of our stores.