Elegant Party Napkins
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Cotton fabric -- 1/2 yd. makes two napkins
- Basic sewing supplies
- Rotary cutter, ruler & mat
- Serger with 3 spools of matching thread or sewing machine with 1 spool of matching thread
- Fray Check
- Flowers of choice
- Trims or Ribbon of choice
- Cut fabric into 18" squares.
- Using serger:
- Set up serger for rolled hem following manufacturer's directions.
- Thread needle and loopers with matching thread.
- Sew a rolled hem using the leftover scrap of fabric, adjusting tensions for a neat edge.
- Sew a rolled hem around each side of the napkins.
- Using sewing machine: Turn edges under 1/8"then another 1/8" and sew with a straight stitch.
- Place a drop of Fray Check at each corner and allow to dry.
- Trim corners.
- Fold napkins in different styles: Fold accordion style and tie at bottom, fold with a pocket to tuck in flowers or stems, gather in center and tie. Get creative!