Elephant on Canvas
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Three 5"x7" canvases
- Acrylic paint: pale yellow, dark gray, medium gray, light gray
- Paintbrushes: medium, small, detail
- Provided template
1. Scale and print provided elephant template to desired size. Cut into elephant template into 3 sections. Refer to photograph.
2. Paint canvas pale yellow. Apply additional coats as necessary. Allow to dry between coats.
3. Rub pencil on the back of the elephant template pieces. Tape each down onto the canvases.
4. Trace over the elephant following the three different shades of the elephant to transfer the image.
5. Remove the template.
6. Paint the elephant using the photograph and template as references. Start painting the dark gray sections first, moving to the medium gray next, and finishing with the light gray.
7. Allow to dry.