SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Pillow slip covers
- Premade pillows
- Decorative trims
- Sewing thread
- 2/0 Czech Glass Beads, crystal
- 6/0 Czech Glass Beads, metallic silver
- 2 Cut Czech Glass Beads, crystal
- 6/0 Czech Glass Beads, TR yellow
- Bead needle
- DMC Embroidery Thread, 4200 & 4190
- Scrap cardboard
- Sewing needle
To add the trim to a pillow:
- Select the trim and a color matching thread. Sew the trim around the edges of the pillow with a running stitch.
- Cut a length of thread, tie a knot in one end, and thread it through the beading needle. Pull the thread through the back of the fabric to the front. String three beads, and place them flat against the fabric. Pull the needle through to the back of the fabric, then stitch back up at the beginning of the three beads placed. Then pull the needle through the three beads again. Repeat, adding new beads for every stitch.
- Cut a piece of cardboard 2" wide. Wrap the embroidery thread around the cardboard approximately 30 times. Cut a length of thread and pull it through one end of the wrapped thread. Tie it in a knot at the top. Pull the wrapped thread off the cardboard. Cut another length of thread and wrap it around all of the threads gathered together close to the knotted end. Cut the other end of the gathered threads to finish the tassel. See the tassels evenly spaced around the edges of the pillow.
To add the beads:
To create tassels: