Embellished Place Setting
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Home Inspirations Signature Series trims:
- 3-1/3 yds of 7/8" gimp braid
- 1/2 yd matching tassel fringe
- 2 yds of 45" fabric
- Two 2" napkin rings, wooden or fabric
- Craft glue
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron & ironing surface
- Cut gimp into eight 14" lengths. Cut matching tassel fringe in half.
- Prewash & dry fabric.
PLACE MAT: (MAKES 2)
- Cut 4 pieces of fabric: 14"x19".
- Refer to PDF/photo. Sew 2 pieces of gimp braid down each end of 2 pieces of the cut fabric.
- Take remaining 2 pieces of fabric and place (right sides together) on top of the trimmed pieces. Sew 1/4" seam around 3 sides. Clip corners; turn right side out. Press.
- Fold in open end; pin and top stitch edge. Continue top stitching around the entire place mat.
NAPKINS: (MAKES 2)
- Cut four 19" squares of fabric. Fold over 1/4" twice around the edge of the napkin and sew down.
NAPKIN RINGS: (MAKES 2)
- Glue tassel fringe onto middle of ring. Fold under 1/2" of trim and glue to cover joining edge.