Embellished Sequin Tank with Beaded Straps
Create this look by following the below pattern or upcycle a tank in your wardrobe with pearl beads along the straps.
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Burda&® Pattern 6969 View B
- Refer to pattern jacket for fabric quantity and notion items
- Sequin fabric
- 2-1/4 yds. lining
- Pearl beads: various colors and sizes to match
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron & pressing surface
Seam allowances 5/8" & 1/4"
Front: Cut 1 self & 1 lining with cutting front slit if you are using sequined fabric.
Back: Cut 1 self & body.
Follow pattern instructions to construct non-sequined fabric version. Follow steps below to attach beading and if using sequined fabric use directions below.
1. Pin Front and Back RS together and stitch side seams together.
2. Pin Front and Back lining RS together and stitch s side seams.
3. Gather front and back neckline with basting stitch between circles. Repeat on lining.
4. Fold straps in half RS together and press. Stitch side closed at 1/4" and turn RS out. Repeat.
5. Pin front and back of body and lining RS together around neckline and stitch closed Sandwich straps in-between self & lining and stitch to body of garment. Top stitch lining down and trim/clip seam allowance.
6. Pin body and lining RS together around armhole going up between lining and self. Stitch armhole closed. Top stitch lining and clip/trim allowance.
7. Pin lining and self-hem RS together and stitch hem closed leaving 4" opening to turn garment. Turn RS out and slipstitch opening closed.
8. Using a hand needle and thread to attach beads to straps. Attach center beads first, placing two or three beads on the needle & thread, tacking into place. Repeat until reaching the back strap seam. To attach the smaller beads, hand-sew one into place cross over the center of the big beads and attach another on the opposite side. Keep tacking one at a time criss-crossing over larger beads until reaching the back strap seam. Repeat process on other strap.