Embossed Card & Gift Tag
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Walnut Hollow® Creative Metal: Beginner Kit
Metal Squares: red, green
Design Border A
- Cream cardstock: 5 1/2"x8 1/2" card, 4 3/4"x2 1/2" tag, 1 3/4" square
- 4"x5" red cardstock:
- Black acrylic paint
- Decorative scissors
- Fine sandpaper
- Hole punch
- Paper glue
- Paper towels
1. Attach nylon detailer point and medium roller onto handle from the Beginner Kit. Lay stocking pattern on top of green metal square, trace around stocking with Detailer. Cut with Metal scissors. Lay stocking pattern on red metal square and trace toe, heel & cuff patterns with detailer. Cut with scissors.
2. To emboss metal, use detailer to "doodle" on back of stocking. Press lightly with the detailer to write HAPPY HOLIDAYS on cuff. Flip cuff over and go over the letters, pressing a little harder so they are embossed on the front of the cuff. On the back of the cuff, also add short squiggle lines on sides.
3. To antique the metal, thin black acrylic paint with water; use brush to apply paint to all metal surfaces. Use paper towel to blot excess paint off metal. Let dry.
4. Use fine sandpaper to highlight embossing on metal pieces.
5. Fold cream cardstock in half. Use paper glue to adhere ribbon on red cardstock, and adhere red cardstock on top of cream card. Tie small bow and adhere where ribbon crosses.
6. Use Metal Tape to attach toe, heel, and cuff to stocking. Attach stocking to card.
1. Cut green metal 2 1/4"x4". Cut red metal strip 1"x 2 1/4 " & square 1 3/8".
2. Emboss back of green metal, using ruler with medium roller, leaving a small space between embossing. Use Nylon Detailer to make a wavy line by Roller embossing.
3. Emboss small red metal square, placing front of metal on top of Design Border. Use Texture tool to emboss design.
4. Emboss red metal strip the same way the green piece was embossed. Cut on edge with decorative scissors.
5. Antique metal same as above for card. Assemble pieces & glue in place.
6. Punch hole in top of tag. Tie with ribbon.