Embossed Metal Frames
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Walnut Hollow Creative Metal:
- Beginner Kit
- 3 black metal squares
- Design squares
- Metal tape
- Three 4" squares black foam core board
- Craft knife
- Fine sandpaper
DIRECTIONS: Items used below, but not listed in Supplies & Tools are included in the Beginner's Kit.
- To emboss: place a black metal square over a Design Square with the black side down. Use the Texture Tool to emboss the design, rubbing over metal until details are revealed. Refine and define design on both sides of the metal with the Nylon Detailer & Nylon Universal Points attached to Handle.
- Use ruler with Nylon Detailer to mark 1-1/2" square in center of the embossed metal. Use the craft knife to create a square cut out for the picture.
- Lightly sand to remove black color on the raised embossed areas of the metal. Sand inside the frame area. This will help to highlight the picture.
- Tape pictures to the back of each embossed metal square. Adhere metal square to foam core board square with metal tape. Cut tape to fit back of each side of the embossed piece; press in place. Remove backing from tape; press metal onto foam core board.