Embossed Pendant Necklace
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Premo Sculpey polymer clay: White, Pearl
- Sculpey III polymer clay: Just Orange, Yellow
- Studio by Sculpey:
- Clay Tool variety set
- Antiquing Medium, Warm White
- 5"x5" sheet silver composition leaf or fine silver glitter
- Bead Roller
- Bead Baking Rack set
- Rubber stamp
- Silver wire
- Small glass & metal beads: peach, silver, and gray
- Bead cord
- Fray Check adhesive
- Mix 1/4 block Just Orange, 1/4 block Yellow, 1/4 block White & 1/2 block Pearl clay with silver leaf (or silver glitter) until color is thoroughly blended. The silver leaf will break apart into tiny pieces.
- Following manufacturer's instructions, use the bead roller to make 18 small oval beads and 1 large oval bead. Pierce holes through small beads with pins from Bead Baking Rack set and place on bead rack. Flatten large bead slightly; dust with cornstarch and impress with rubber stamp. With needle tool, part of the Clay Tool variety set, drill side-to-side hole through top of large bead.
- Lay large bead flat on bottom of bead rack. Bake beads on rack at 275 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
- Paint a thin coat of Antiquing Medium on textured surface of large bead. Wipe medium off high spots and allow to dry. Insert wire through hole; make a secure loop at the top of the bead.
- String clay, glass & metal beads and the pendant on bead cord until necklace is at least 26" long. Tie 2 square knots in cord and dot with Fray Check adhesive. Allow to dry; trim cord ends.