Embroidered State Pillow
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 16"x16" Homegoods Decorative Pillow Form
- 2 pkgs ivory 300 Thread Count Fabric
- 1 yd Shape Flex® interfacing
- 1/2 yd Sticky-Grid-N-Wash™ embroidery stabilizer web
- Embroidery needle
- Embroidery floss
- Embroidery hoop
- Sewing machine
- Rotary cutter
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron & pressing surface
1/2" seam allowance unless otherwise instructed.
WS = Wrong Sides. RS = Right Sides.
1. Cut two 16"x16" (17"x17" for loose fit) squares each of Ivory fabric & Shape-Flex®.
2. Place Shape-Flex® on WS of fabric squares. Fuse following manufacturer’s instructions.
3. Cut Sticky-Grid-N Wash™ web large enough for the desired embroidery pattern.
4. Trace pattern onto the web.
5. Remove the backing. Press the sticky side onto the RS of the pillow cover front so design is in desired position.
6. Hoop the area where the embroidery or cross-stitch will start. Begin stitching. Re-hoop as necessary to complete stitching.
7. Once stitching is complete, submerge the pillow cover front in water to dissolve the Sticky-Grid-N Wash™.
8. Place fabric squares RS together. Sew around 3 sides, leaving the bottom side of the pillow open.
9. Press sewn seams open & fold open edge in 1/2" & press. Clip corners of sewn sides. Turn pillow cover RS out. Press.
10. Insert the pillow form through the open side of the pillow. It may require some wiggling to fit it in place.
11. Pin open side closed & blind stitch the opening to finish.