Embroidery Hoop Ornament
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Embroidery hoop – 4"
- Fabric – linen or muslin, 6" circle
- White paint
- 4 pack of Sharpie™ markers: black, blue, red, green
- Small red jingle bells
- Ribbon – red with dots – wide & narrow.
- Pinking shears
1. Paint a simple snowman shape at the center of the linen circle, letting it fade out toward the bottom. Allow to dry completely. Use the hair dryer to speed things up.
2. Using the markers, draw a black running stitch around the snowman shape. Draw on facial features, chest buttons, arms, and bow around his neck.
3. Write “Happy Holidays”? above the snowman's head. Secure the fabric inside the embroidery hoop. Trim the edges outside the hoop with pinking shears.
4. Dot snowflakes on the background and on the ruffle outside the hoop with white paint, using the handle end of the brush.
5. Embellish the hoop hardware with ribbon and jingle bells, using the photo as a guide.