Endless Possibilities Scarf
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Lion Brand® Vanna’s Glamour® Onyx, 2 balls (A) or color of your choice
- Lion Brand® Homespun® Midnight Stripes, 1 skein (B) or color of your choice
- Double pointed knitting needles size 8 (5 mm)
- Stitch markers
- Large-eyed blunt needle
- Tape measure
- Circular knitting needle size 11 (8 mm), 16 in. (40.5 cm) long
- Finished Circumference About 13" (33 cm) at narrow ends, 22" (56 cm) at center section
- Finished Length About 49" (124.5 cm)
- 18 1/2 sts = about 4" (10 cm) over St st worked in the rnd (k every rnd) with A and double pointed (smaller) needles.
- 11 sts = about 4" (10 cm) over St st worked in the rnd (k every rnd) with B and circular (larger) needle.
- BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE.
- 1.The Scarf is a great introduction to knitting in the round.
- 2.Scarf is worked in one piece. Changing the yarn and needle size makes the center section of the Scarf wider than the ends.
- 3.Finished scarf is a tube. Cast on and bound off ends will naturally roll slightly.
- 4.Scarf can be worn in multiple ways – as an everyday scarf, tied or wrapped around your neck, as a turban by wrapping around your head. We had fun trying it as a hat – we just pulled one end through the other, then the B yarn section became the hat. And we even found that the Scarf worked as a muff by simply scrunching up the A yarn ends and sliding our hands into the B yarn section.
- With double pointed needles and A, cast on 60 sts. Divide sts onto 4 needles, with 15 sts on each needle. Place marker for beginning of rnd and join, by knitting the first st on the left hand needle with the working yarn from the right hand needle.
- Work in St st worked in the rnd (k every rnd), slipping the marker as you come to it, until piece measures about 18" (45.5 cm) from beginning.
- Cut A.
- Change to circular needle and B, and
- continue in St st worked in the rnd until piece measures about 31 in. (78.5 cm) from beginning.
- Cut B.
- Change back to double pointed needles and A and work in St st worked in the rnd until piece measures about 49" (124.5 cm) from beginning.
- Bind off.
- Weave in ends.
- k = knit
- rnd = round
- st(s) = stitch(es)
- St st = Stockinette stitch