1. Wash surfaces in warm soapy water. Allow to dry. Wipe with rubbing alcohol to remove any residue.
2. Plan and measure both the stencil and project surface. To get an idea of what it will look like before etching, copy and print (or trace) the design on paper first and tape it to the bottle. Finalize design arrangement and then mark the placement with a wax pencil. Use glass patterning tape to block off areas not to be etched.
3. Use a straight edge and wax pencil to draw a guide line if desired. Remove backing from stencil and set aside. Place stencil on surface, making sure it is flat, wrinkle-free and firmly attached. Wear disposable gloves to protect hands. Pour a small amount of etching cream on your palette. Load etching cream generously on a natural bristle brush. Tap or pounce on a thick layer of etching cream. Apply a second coat if necessary. Let stand for 15 minutes.
4. Rinse the etching cream off the stencil. Remove the stencil to reveal a beautiful etched design on the glass surface.
5. Clean all stencils, brushes, and tools immediately after use. Use Martha Stewart Crafts™ Brush & Stencil Cleaner for best results. Let dry. Attach dry stencil to backing to store for later use.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>