1. Wash surface in warm soapy water. Allow to dry. Moisten a paper towel with rubbing alcohol and wipe entire surface to remove any residue.
2. Plan and measure both the stencil and project surface. To get an idea of what it will look like before etching, copy and print (or trace) the design on paper first and tape it to the bottle. Finalize design arrangement and then mark the placement with a wax pencil. Use glass patterning tape to block off areas not to be etched.
3. Use a straight edge and wax pencil to draw a guide line if desired. Remove backing from stencil and set aside. Place stencil on surface, making sure it is flat, wrinkle-free and firmly attached. Wear disposable gloves to protect hands. Pour a small amount of etching cream on palette. Load etching cream generously on a natural bristle brush. Tap or pounce on a thick layer of etching cream. Apply a second coat if necessary. Let stand for 15 minutes.
4. Rinse the etching cream off the stencil. Remove the stencil to reveal a beautiful etched design on the glass surface.
5. Clean all stencils, brushes, and tools immediately after use. Use Martha Stewart Crafts™ Brush & Stencil Cleaner for best results. Let dry. Attach dry stencil to backing to store for later use.
6. Tip: Use glass patterning tape to block off any areas you don't want etched.
SHIPPINGShipping your purchase is easy at JOANN! Orders typically leave our warehouses within 1-3 business days (Mon-Fri). Delivery date depends on the destination address and the shipping method. You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped.
RETURNSReturns can be made for FREE in any of our stores.