Eucalyptus Button Stems
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
• Assorted Naturals Buttons: Coconut Rose; Coconut Gold; Coconut Lear
• Assorted Organic Elements
• La Mode buttons – assorted woods; beige:
• Floral green wire
• Wire cutters
• Salt shaker
1. Select an assortment of buttons for one eucalyptus stem. Note, eucalyptus stems are composed of assorted size leaves/petals which need to be reflected in the button selection (refer to photo for reference).
2. Cut floral wire to 18” in lengths. The number of wire pieces needed will depend on the number of holes in the salt shaker.
3. Fold the wire in half and slide the first small button onto the stem. Give the wire 3 twists to secure and continue adding buttons and twisting while working down the stem. Use at least 5 or 6 buttons on each stem.
4. Fill the shaker with rice and place wire stem through the holes. Trim stems for varying heights in the arrangement.