Everything's Rosy T-shirt and Headband
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip&® One-Step Tie-Dye Kit&®:FuchsiaTurquoise
- Tulip&® Iron-On Shimmer Transfer Sheets:Urban
- Aleene‘s&® Fabric Fusion&® Peel and Stick Sheets
- White 100% cotton T-shirt (2)
- Plastic headband
- Iron & pressing surface
- Pressing cloth
- Disposable plastic table cover
- Washer & dryer
1. Wash T-shirts and leave damp.
2. Cover work surface with disposable plastic table cover. Lay T-shirts out flat on covered work surface.
3. Pleat shirts vertically and secure loosely with rubber bands.
4. Mix dyes according to package instructions.
5. Apply Turquoise dye to top half of shirts.
6. Apply Fuchsia to bottom half of shirts.
7. Cover shirt with plastic and let set 6-8 hours.
8. Remove rubber bands and rinse shirt under running water to remove excess dye.
9. Wash and dry shirt as recommended in package instructions. Press smooth if necessary.
1. Cut out various sizes and colors of stars from the Shimmer Transfer Sheets. Pink, Silver and Turquoise are used here.
2. Place stars in desired positions along one side of shirt. Iron on using a pressing cloth and following package instructions.
1. Cut as many strips as needed to wrap headband from Turquoise portion of shirt.
2. Cut a small square of Fabric Fusion&® sheet and use to attach one end of T-shirt strip to bottom of headband.
3. Wrap headband with T-shirt strip to cover and secure at other end with another small square of Fabric Fusion sheet.
4. Cut one or more circles from another Fabric Fusion Sheet, the sizes desired for finished rosettes.
5. Cut 1“ wide strips from Fuchsia portion of T-shirt, as many as needed for desired number of rosettes.
6. Remove protective backing from one side of Fabric Fusion circle. Starting at outside edge, press T-shirt strip onto circle, randomly pleating it while working. Continue pleating around circle working towards the middle, until adhesive is covered. Use scissors to cut off any excess T-shirt strip.
7. Repeat above steps to create desired number of rosettes.
8. Remove backing from finished rosettes, and press onto covered head band.