Extra Large Fabric Flowers
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1- Roll of floral tape
- 6- 18-Gauge floral stem wire
- 1- Rotary cutter
- 1- Roll of masking tape
- 1- ½ yard of green cotton fabric
- 3- Yards of Buttercream fabric, your choice of color
- Hot glue and glue gun
- 1- Teardrop shaped pattern
- 1- Tulip shaped petal pattern
- 1- Leave pattern
- 1- Calyx pattern
- 1- Bottle of fabric stiffener
- 1- Flat paint brush
- 1- Roll of parchment paper
- 1- Wooden pencil
- Gold glitter
- 1- Bottle of tacky glue
- Cut 15 pieces of the Buttercream fabric 10” x 12”
- Cut 6 pieces of the Buttercream fabric 6” x 12”
- Using fabric stiffener, brush each sheet of fabric and let them dry flat on parchment paper or hang them from a clothesline to dry.
- Once the fabric sheets are dry, using the rotary cutter and patterns cut out the individual petals and leaves.
- Making the Rose Stem- Take 3 stem wires and wrap them with floral tape.
- Take each flower petal, using the wooden pencil curl the edges at the top to look like real petals.
- Starting the Flower (creating the center of the flower)- Take one teardrop petal and wrap the base of the petal around the floral stem about 2/3rds of the way up the stem. Wrap it tightly and secure with masking tape. Add each additional teardrop petals going around the stem, adding one petal at a time. About every 3 petals wrap them at the base with masking tape to secure them.
- Once you have attached all of the teardrop petals, move onto the tulip shaped petals. Continue to do the same process, but allow room to “open up” the look of the flower. Do this until you have used all of the petals. Again, using masking tape every other petal at the base of the petal to secure them.
- Leaves- Using the pattern, create 3 leaves. Place a stem wire in the center of the leaf. Using hot glue make a bead up the length of the leaf. Fold the fabric over, to hide the stem wire. Open the leaf back up, but not completely to keep the wire hidden. Do this process again to create 3 leaves.
- Space the 3 leaves around the base of the flower with the tip pointing up the backside of the flower. Secure them with hot glue and also masking tape.
- Take the calyx and wrap around the base of the leaves to hide all of the masking tape and base of the flower petals. Secure with hot glue.
- Once the flower is complete, brush on a small amount of tacky glue on the edges of the petals, then sprinkle with glitter. Shake out the excess glitter.
Items in This Collection
Item # prd10005
$4.99 $3.74 /yd