Extruded Candy Cane Ornament
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Clays (2 oz, 1 block each):Sculpey III: Silver, Violet, 18K GoldPremo! Accents: Magenta Pearl, Bright Green Pearl
- Clay extruder
- Sculpey® Etch ‘N Pearl
- Craft wire
Preheat oven to 275°F. Test temperature with oven thermometer for perfectly cured clay. Condition all clay by kneading until it’s soft and smooth or running it through the Clay Conditioning Machine for several passes on the widest setting. Fold the clay in half after each pass and insert the fold side into the rollers first.
1. Make silver log 3/8" diameter x 5" long.
2. With Sculpey Clay Extruder and 1/8" circle die, extrude strings of Violet, Silver, 18K Gold, Magenta Pearl, and Bright Green Pearl.
3. Lay strings lengthwise on log. When log is covered, roll on work surface to adhere strings and twist stripes. Trim ends so log is 5" long, and fold in ends. Curve into candy-cane shape.
4. Use Etch ʼN Pearl tool to make hole in candy cane top. Twist wire loop around wide end of biggest Etch ʼN Pearl tool. Insert twisted end in hole. Bake 30 minutes.