SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Foam -- twelve 15"x17"x1" high-density foam chair pads
- or four 12"x12"x3" squares of high-density foam
- 1 pkg 45"x60" batting
- 3/4 yd fleece
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- From fleece cut six 13" squares centering designs as desired.
- From batting cut one 12"x48" rectangle and two 12" squares.
- Cut chair pads to 12" squares.
- Stack foam pieces aligning the edges and wrap the stack with the batting rectangle. Whipstitch the batting loosely to hold it in place. Whipstitch the two 12" batting squares to the open ends, completely enclosing the foam stack.
- With right sides together, stitch two squares of fleece along one side using a 1/2" seam allowance. Stitch the third and fourth squares to each side of first two squares forming the cube sides. Stitch the top square to the cube on four sides, one side at a time starting and stopping the stitching at the side seams. Stitch the bottom square to one side only.
- Turn the cube right side out and insert the foam into the fleece cover.
- Fold over the remaining side, hand stitch the opening closed, turning the cut edges to the inside.
- To make sliding the foam into the fleece easier, cover it with plastic wrap, then remove wrap once it's inside the cube.
- To make another size cube, cut six fleece squares in the desired size, plus 1" for seam allowances. Cut foam pieces 1" smaller than the squares. Follow the instructions as above for assembly.