SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 Fat Quarter (or scraps of various coordinating fabrics)
- Coordinating trim
- 1/4 yard Pellon® 72F Peltex® II Ultra-Firm 2-Sided Fusible
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Rotary cutter & mat
- Iron & pressing surface
Listed materials will make multiple bookmarks.
Use a 1/2” seam allowance unless otherwise instructed. RST = Right Sides Together.
1. Cut two 3-1/2” x 9” rectangles of fabric and one 2-1/2” x 8” rectangle of Peltex® II. (TIP: For a scrappy bookmark, piece multiple pieces of fabric together to create a 3-1/2” x 9” rectangle and press seams open.)
2. Place fabric rectangles RST and pin. Sew around three sides, leaving one short side open.
3. Clip corners and turn right side out. Press.
4. Fold open ends in by 1/2” and press.
5. Insert the Peltex® II rectangle through the opening so that it lays flat and is fully enclosed within the fabric. (TIP: May take some wiggling to fit it in place.)
6. Fuse following manufacturer’s instructions.
7. Insert trim into the open seam and pin.
8. Top stitch to secure and close the opening.
9. Topstitch around remaining three sides and quilt as desired.