Fabric Christmas Lights
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 6"x10" fabric remnant for 9 lights
- 9 spools of gold metallic thread
- 2 yd gold metallic cording for 9 Lights
- Glue gun & glue sticks
- Gold glitter paper
- 1" circle punch
- Basic hole punch
- Basic sewing supplies
Use 1/4" seam allowance
1. To print the patterns, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above).
2. Enlarge pattern.
3. Cut 2 from each fabric for lights.
4. Stitch dart in front and back.
5. Stitch RST of light.
6. Clip curves and turn RS out.
8. Sew a gathering stitch around top, pull gathers closed.
9. Repeat with each fabric for 9 lights.
10. Punch a 1" circle from gold glitter paper; punch a hole in center.
11. Remove labels from spool top and bottom.
12. Glue glitter paper circle to top of spool.
13. Beginning 6” from end of cord, push cord through spool top hole to bottom.
14. Move along 4"-5" and push cord through another spool.
15. Continue until all spools are on cord; adjust as needed.
16. Use hot glue to glue spools to fabric lights.