1. To prevent unraveling, wrap tape around the beginning of the cord, and trim off frayed pieces. Measure the 130" needed, tape and cut the other end.
2. Using a rotary cutter, mat and ruler, cut the fabric 45 degrees diagonally across the weave into 1" strips. Strips should total Approx.ly 200”.
3. Set machine to zigzag, width 3–4, and length 2–3.
4. Begin by wrapping one end plus 3" of the cord with a fabric strip. Fold the covered end down 1" to start the coil, and place coiled center under the presser foot. Slowly zigzag over coil, so stitch joins the adjacent cord.
5. While the coil is being held under the presser foot, continue wrapping the cord by progressively overlapping the fabric 1/4". Use a clip to hold the fabric in place.
6. Continue stitching by carefully turning coiled cord in a circular motion. Stop with about 3" of fabric strip left, and fold in a new fabric strip with a 1” overlap. Clip to hold overlapped ends while you wrap the new piece of fabric. Clip the end to hold fabric in place. Continue coiling, wrapping and stitching to reach the end of the cord.
7. To finish, tuck wrapped cord tail under coaster and stitch. Trim excess fabric.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>