Fabric Cone Topiaries
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- FloraCraft® Foam:
- Cones: 12"x5" (1), 9"x4" (2)
- 4" Balls (2)
- 4" Ceramic Pots (3)
- Wooden skewers (9)
- Fabric in coordinating colors/patterns
- Acrylic paint - Red
- Buttons: White
- Snowflake stickers
- Straight pins
- Serrated knife
- Low-temp glue gun
1. Paint the wooden skewers red and set aside to dry.
2. Cut a 13" x 14" piece of fabric to cover the 12" cone. Cut two 13"x11" pieces to cover the 9" cones.
3. Center the fabric square over the cone. Wrap around to the back and temporarily pin in place. Use scissors to trim the extra fabric off, leaving enough to overlap about 1/2".
4. Secure the fabric with glue along the seam and remove the pins. Glue the bottom edge of the fabric to the bottom of the cone. Fold and pleat the fabric neatly at the top and glue in place. Repeat to cover all three cones.
5. Use the serrated knife to cut the 4" balls in half. Set aside one half for a future project. Glue the three 4" half balls, cut side up, into the pots.
6. Hold three wood skewers tightly together and apply glue to the bottoms. Insert the three skewers into the foam in the center of the pot being sure they are standing straight. Repeat this step with the other two pots and remaining skewers. Glue the fabric cones onto the top of the skewers.
7. Tear long strips of fabric and pull a few of the strings from around the edges to give them a frayed look. Tie fabric strips around each of the pots.
8. Glue buttons and snowflakes to cover the knots in the tied fabric. Glue stacked buttons to the tops of the cones.
9. Cover the tops of the pots with fiberfill.