1. Cut fabric to fit the inside part of the heel. Making a template by overlaying and cutting cardstock to the approximate size is helpful. Brush Mod Podge® over the area. Lay the fabric on top and smooth out with the brush. Pay particular attention to wrinkles and bubbles in the fabric. Smooth with the brush or finger. Repeat on the other shoe.
2. Cut a piece of fabric slightly larger than the outside part of the heel. Brush on Mod Podge® and wrap fabric around the heel. Smooth with brush or finger. Repeat on the other shoe. Allow to dry.
3. When the fabric on the heel is dry, trim the excess with scissors around the heel and at the top where it meets the main part of the shoe. Repeat on the other shoe.
4. To cover the main part of the shoe, drape fabric loosely over the entire shoe, leaving an overhang on the sides, toe and heel area. Remove fabric and brush on Mod Podge® over the entire body of the shoe. Drape the fabric over the shoe and smooth out wrinkles and bubbles in the fabric. Pay particular attention to the edges along the sole of the shoe and the top. Leave an area open at the back part of the shoe, above the heel. This area will be finished later. Repeat on the other shoe. Allow to dry.
5. Once the fabric on the body of the shoe is dry, closely trim the excess fabric with scissors around sole. Cut a slit into the draped fabric for a foot to slide into. Either trim the fabric close to the edge of the shoe or leave a little to be folded over into the shoe, depending on desired look. If leaving enough fabric to fold over into shoe, brush Mod Podge® onto fabric and fold to the inside of the shoe. Use plastic cloths pins to hold fabric in place while it dries. Repeat on the other shoe. Allow to dry.
6. At the back part of the shoe, where the fabric was left open, trim fabric on one side, while leaving the other side with enough fabric to fold over and create a back “seam" above the heel. Brush on Mod Podge® and fold over fabric to finish the back of the shoe. Repeat on the other shoe. Use plastic cloths pins to hold fabric in place while it dries.
7. Add embellishments using jewel or hot glue. Repeat on the other shoe. Allow to dry.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>