Fabric-Covered Noel Letters
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1-3/4 yd cotton fabric
- Paper mache letters: NOEL
- Ribbon and trim
- Hot glue gun, glue sticks
- Spray fabric adhesive
- Four 5"x7" wood plaques
- Ivory paint
- Paint plaques with ivory paint. Allow to dry.
- Trace front and back of each letter onto wrong side of fabric. Add 3/8" to all edges. Cut letters from fabric. Clip corners and slash to points. Set aside.
- Measure depth of letter; add 3/4". Cut several strips of fabric (letter depth + 3/4")x40".
- Press under 3/8" on each long edge of strip. Set aside.
- Cover work surface with newspaper. Spray adhesive onto wrong sides of fabric letters. Place paper mache letter onto fabric letter and fold excess fabric onto sides. Make sure fabric is smooth on surface and at corners.
- Spray adhesive onto wrong side or pressed strips. Starting at base of letter wrap strips around the sides covering the excess from front and back. Smooth out fabric. Overlap ends 1/2".
- Embellish letters with trim and ribbon.
- Center letters on plaques and hot glue letters in place.