Fabric Crayon Roll
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/2 yd each main fabric & fleece
- 1/3 yd accent fabric
- 2 yds ribbon
- 24 large crayons
- Ruler and pencil
- Cut two 18"x11" rectangles from main fabric.
- Cut one 18"x11" rectangle from fleece.
- Cut two 18"x7" rectangles from accent fabric for pocket
- To make pocket, place right sides together. Sew 1/4" seam on top and bottom. Turn right side out and press.
- Top stitch 1/4" in from top and bottom leaving short sides open. Turn. Press.
- Cut two 36" lengths of ribbon. Fold in half.
- To assemble roll begin with fleece on the bottom. Place main fabric next, right side up. Place pocket piece on 2" down from top. Place fold of 1 ribbon 3" down from top and 1 ribbon 3" up from the bottom. Finish with remaining fabric, right side down. Stitch around the outside of roll with a 1/4" seam. Leave an opening for turning. Press.
- To make slots for the crayons, mark the center of the pocket. Measure 1-1/4" outward from the center line for each slot. Lightly mark lines with pencil. Sew on each line, starting and stopping at the top and bottom of the pocket.
- Sew through the center of the pocket, dividing the slots in half to create 24 slots for large crayons.
- Fill with crayons, roll up and tie with ribbons.