Fabric Embellished Lampshade
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Lampshade 10” high, 13” diameter at top & 15” at bottom
- 1/2 yd 54” Nate Berkus™ fabric (extra if matching a print)
- Spray adhesive
- Paper (approx. 50”x22”)
- Clothes pins
1. Create pattern. Lay lampshade at end of paper. Mark at seam, at top, and at bottom. Continue to roll lampshade marking top and bottom ending at seam.
2. Add 1” to all edges for pattern.
3. Place pattern on fabric, centering print as desired.
4. Pin and cut out fabric.
5. Spray fabric with spray adhesive. Starting at seam, apply fabric smoothing and leaving 1” border at top and bottom.
6. When reaching seam, trim fabric so there is 1/2” to fold under and overlap cut edge.
7. Re-spray top and bottom borders on fabric.
8. Fold up bottom edge.
9. Repeat with top edge, snipping fabric at wires. Use clothes pins to hold fabric in place while drying.
10. Allow to dry.
Tip: Zigzag or serge edges of fabric for a more finished edge on lamp.