1. Print the patterns. Click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above).
2. There are two layers of petals for each satin flower. For the bigger flower, cut 10 2" pieces of ribbon. Take those 10 pieces of ribbon and cut them into the petal shape provided at bottom. Take each petal over candle and burn edge so it does not fray and starts to curl like a natural petal would. Do this to all petals. For second layer of petal, cut 7 1-1/2" pieces of ribbon and repeat what you did with first layer. Additional petals can be made from organza or tulle to make flowers a little more whimsical.
3. Once all petals have been singed, hand sew them together. Take the first layer petals and, with needle and thread, thread needle through bottom petal about a quarter of the way from bottom. Thread through only once, in and out. Continue to thread all petals on thread. Take ends of thread and tie in knot a couple of times. Make sure knot is not too tight as the wire needs to be threaded through the center later. Repeat with second layer, creating two petal circles.
4. Cut a 5" length of wire and place any bead in center. Bend wire in half and twist to make sure bead does not shift. Do this for as many beads as desired for the center of the flower. Once all the wire has been twisted individually, twist them all together.
5. Thread the beaded wire center through smaller layer of petals. Hold flower by wire “stem” and glue back of flower and wire together. Thread bigger layer on top and glue again.
6. To make small 5-petal pleated flower, take fabric/ribbon and cut out 5 circles about 2" in diameter. Once all are cut out, take each individual circle, bend in half and, using needle and thread, start at the edge and sew back and forth along the opening edge. When the whole circle has been sewn, gather all material. The circle should now look like one pleated petal. Continue threading other circles on. Pull tight at end so there is a circle of petals. Sew through back a couple of times to make sure it stays together. Knot and cut extra thread.
7. To make Lace flower, cut out 2" diameter circle with felt. Take lace trim and begin gluing onto outside rim of felt circle. Continue to glue and swirl lace into circle. Place bead in center to finish off flower.
8. Glue all flowers onto foam ball.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>