Fabric Flower Floor Cloth
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 yd Crypton home decor fabric
- Calico Fat Quarters: 8-12 purple, 3 gold, 3 green
- 1 pkg HeatnBond Lite
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron & ironing surface
- Pressing cloth
- Small round plate
- Poster board circle templates:
- 8", 7-1/4", 6", 5-1/4", 4", 3-1/4"
- Scrap of poster board for leaf pattern
- From Crypton fabric, cut a 30"x42" rectangle. Round corners of rectangle by tracing around a small plate and cutting off square corners. Set fabric aside.
- Each flower consists of three calico fabric circles: 8", 6" and 4". From various purple and gold fat quarters, cut 15 circles of each size.
- From HeatnBond, cut fifteen circles of each of the following sizes: 7-1/4", 5-1/4" and 3-1/4".
- Following manufacturer's instructions, fuse HeatnBond circles to the back of appropriate calico circles leaving 1/4" raw edge all around. Peel off paper backing and arrange circles on the right side of Crypton fabric rectangle. Using press cloth, fuse circles in place.
- Make two leaf patterns on poster board scrap. Cut one pattern 1/4" smaller all around. Cut 17-20 HeatnBond leaves from the smaller pattern and cut the same number of green fabric leaves from the larger pattern. Fuse HeatnBond leaves to the back of leaf fabric, leaving 1/4" raw edge all around. Peel off paper backing and place leaves on and around flowers as desired; fuse in place.
- Stitch around each fused leaf and flower circle 1/4" in from the raw edge.
- With toothbrush, rub edges of flowers and leaves for a soft, raveled look.