SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/8 yd quilt fabric print
- Polyester thread
- Ruler or rotary cutter
1. Cut fabric 2"xWOF (width of fabric), cut strip in half at fold.
2. Fold strip in half lengthwise (1"x22") and finger press.
3. Cut a curved line at each end starting from the fold at the end and ending about 1" in from the end along the raw edges.
4. Sew a running stitch along the raw edge from folded end to folded end. Keep the needle threaded.
5. Pull thread to gather and starting with the end where the thread knot is, swirl the gathered fabric to form flower. Sew the back of the flower catching the raw edges to hold the flower in shape. Knot end of thread and trim.
6. Glue flower to shoes, purse, headband or anything else to embellish.