Fabric Flowers and Leaves
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 3"x44" of various fabrics
- 18" 20 gauge wire
- Floral tape
- Wire cutters
- Fusible webbing
- Rotary cutter, ruler & mat and/or scissors
1. For each flower, cut a strip of fabric 3" x WOF.
2. Fold strip in half lengthwise and cut both ends as shown on pattern.
3. Gather raw edge of folded strip from folded end to folded end.
4. Pull gathering; making gathered strip 12"–13".
5. Bend end of wire with wire cutters into a small hook.
6. If desired, wrap wire with floral tape.
7. For flower center, glue and tightly wrap one end of fabric around hook.
8. Continue wrapping fabric around center to end; securely gluing as you go.
9. For each leaf, cut 2 pieces of fabric 3"x4".
10. Fuse webbing to WS of one piece; lay wire in center 1/2" from top; fuse second piece of fabric over wire.
11. Enlarge pattern and cut leaf out with wire 1/4" from top point.
12. Use floral tape to secure leaf stem to wire and cover wire.