Fabric Fortune Cookies
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Olfa items: Rotary circle cutter Self-healing cutting mat
- HeatnBond Lite fusible web
- Fabric glue
- Fabric stiffener, such as Aleene's Stiffen Quik
- Fabric scraps, at least 5'x5' square
- Paper fortunes
- Chop sticks, pencils, or small clothes pins
FOR EACH COOKIE:
- Layer fusible web between 2 pieces of fabric, wrong sides together, and fuse.
- Using the circle cutter, cut a 3' circle for each cookie.
- Fold the circle in half and place a dab of fabric glue at the outside edge between the layers to hold.
- Slip paper fortune into folded fabric circle.
- Bend fabric half-circle in the middle to form fortune cookie shape. Spray lightly with fabric stiffener or dip in bowl of stiffener.
- Insert chop sticks, pencils or small clothes pins in outer ends to hold shape. Allow to dry, then remove chop sticks, pencils or clothes pins. You can speed up the drying time with a blow dryer.