Fabric Ice Cream Cones
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
1/4 yd fabric for “ice cream” ball & trim
6” square contrast for “cone”
6” square of fusible Peltex
1 yd ribbon for hanging
Sewing machine •
Basic sewing supplies
1. Enlarge pattern for cone.
2. Cut cone from Peltex
3. Fuse Peltex to wrong side of fabric for cone.
4. Cut fabric to shape leaving ¼” on one side for gluing
5. Roll into cone shape and glue fabric edge to cone.
6. Cut a 9” circle from ice cream fabric and a strip 1-1/2”x20”.
7. Gather around outside edge of circle.
8. Pull ends to gather.
9. Firmly stuff into a ball shape, tightening gathering.
10. Secure gathering.
11. Glue ball to cone.
12. Run a gathering stitch along center of strip.
13. Pull gathers to create and 8” strip.
14. Glue around cone as shown.
15. Fold ribbon in half and glue to top of ice cream cone.