SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Dritz® sewing supplies:
- Swivel hook
- Rotary cutter & mat
- Straight pins
- 1/4” Stitch Witchery®
- Fray Check™
- 2-1/2” x 35” fabric
- Omnigrid® ruler
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron & pressing surface
Note: Use 2-1/2” x 29” fabric for a more petite size.
1. Cut the fabric according to one of the sizes above.
2. Following the instructions on the Stitch Witchery package, fold the two short edges in 1/4” and press to hem.
3. Press the fabric in half lengthwise.
4. Unfold the fabric, and press the two long edges into the center fold.
5. Press the two new folds together and pin. The final width should be approximately 5/8” wide.
6. Topstitch all four sides with a 1/8” seam.
7. Slide the fabric strip through the lanyard about 1/2 to 1”. Overlap the opposite end and stitch all the layers together to secure the lanyard.
8. Trim the excess fabric from between the two layers and seal with Fray Check.