Fabric Storage Basket
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 yd. Marvel’s Ant-Man stripe cotton fabric
- 1 yd. Marvel’s Ant-Man allover cotton fabric
- Drop cloth
- Spray adhesive/mask
- Hot glue gun/glue
- Plastic basket
- Measure the outside of the basket:
- Short sides - Down the side across the bottom and up the other side. Repeat for the long sides and add 3" to the measurements.
- Cut both fabrics to this measurement.
- Use the template for reference. To print the template, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above).
- Lay the fabric on the work surface. Place the basket in the center and trace a diagonal line starting at the corner of the basket to the outside corner point. Repeat for the other three corners.
- Cut the trace lines stopping 1" before reaching the inside point.
- Draw a line from the stopping point to the raw edge of the fabric on each side of the corner to create a square and cut the trace lines out. Repeat for the other three sides.
- Turn the basket upside down and spray the bottom with adhesive. Center the fabric on the basket and hand press in place.
- Start with the two longer sides; spray with adhesive, hand press fabric in place and fold the fabric up and over the sides. Repeat for the short sides.
- Repeat steps 5 & 6 on the inside of the basket; fold the raw edges of the fabric over the sides and glue in place.