Fabric Trimmed Shoe Tongues
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Canvas sneakers
- Fabric fat quarter
- Coordinating felt
- Coordinating ribbon (optional)
- Mod Podge®
- Glue gun & glue sticks
- Remove original laces from sneakers.
- Cut 2 pieces of fabric slightly larger than sneaker tongues.
- Apply a thin line of hot glue at the bottom of the tongue and position fabric over tongue. Allow to dry.
- Apply Mod Podge to tongue underneath fabric.
- Smooth fabric over tongue. Allow to dry.
- Wrap fabric around edges to back of tongue and secure with hot glue.
- Cut 2 pieces of felt slightly smaller than the sneaker tongues.
- Hot glue felt pieces to back of tongue to hide fabric overlap.
- Add coordinating ribbon as laces if desired.
- For ombre laces, dip tip pf laces into watered down solution of acrylic paint in selected color.
Items in This Collection
Item # 10086478
Available for U.S. Shipping Only