From fabric and interfacing:
1. Cut 1 foundation: 4-1/2"x8-1/2"
2. Cut 10 pockets: 2-1/2"x4-1/2" (for interfacing, cut 5)
3. Cut 1 wallet divider: 1-3/4"x8-1/2"
4. Cut 2 pocket liners: 4-1/2"x8-1/2"
5. Cut 1 zipper pocket back: 4-3/4"x8-1/2"
6. Cut 1 tab: 2"x1-1/2"
7. Cut 1 front closure tab: 2"x8"
8. Cut 1 outside wallet: 8-1/2"x9-1/4"
9. Foundation Board:
10. Cut 2 cardboard pieces 3-1/3"x7-1/4"
ALL SEAM ALLOWANCES ARE 1/4" and are included in the measurements unless otherwise noted.
Fuse interfacing to the wrong side of the corresponding fabric pieces following manufacturer's instructions.
Assembly of Card Holder Section:
1. Pockets: Place fabric pocket pieces and fused pocket pieces right sides together. Sew the 4-1/2" edges together. Turn right side out and press. Topstitch one edge 1/4" through all thickness. Repeat this step with the remaining pocket pieces. Finished pocket pieces measure 1-3/4"x4-1/2".
2. Mark a line 2 1/4”? down from top raw edge of foundation piece. Align the topstitched edge of a finished pocket piece along marked line. Stitch bottom edge of pocket through all thickness to the foundation piece. Second finished pocket, measure 1" down from the top finished edge of first pocket, align the top edge of second pocket at this 1”? measurement, laying pocket on top of the first pocket. Stitch through all thickness on bottom edge of second pocket to the foundation piece. Repeat for the remaining 3 pockets.
3. Machine-baste through all pocket thicknesses along both sides of the foundation piece about 1/8" from edge to secure all pockets to foundation piece. The card holder section is now complete.
Inside divider/pocket liner/zipper pocket:
1. Wallet divider: Press under 1/2" on one side of 8 1/2”? strip, pin this side to the right hand side of the zipper tape. Stitch in place onto zipper.
2. Pocket liner: Press under 1/2" on one 8 1/2“side of both pocket liner fabric pieces. Pin folded edge onto left side of zipper tape. Place the other pocket liner sections, wrong sides together overlapping the back left side zipper tape. This piece will form one of the inside linings of the zipper pocket and conceal the raw edges. Stitch through all thickness at folded edge of lining, securing to zipper tape.
3. With right side of the pocket back facing up, place the inside divider/pocket liner onto pocket back. (Right side of zipper will be facing up) Match up raw edges and stitch pocket back to right hand side of zipper. Stitch 1/8" around other three raw edges to secure all pieces together.
4. With right sides together sew the inside divider/zipper pocket piece and the card holder section together. This is now the inside wallet piece.
1. Press under 1/2" along both 2" sides of tab fabric and fold in half to form a 1/2"x2" piece. Topstitch through all thickness 1/4" along both long edges to create key tab. Slid a key ring onto tab. Fold in half creating a loop, center at the top of the inside divider, match up raw edges, stitch in place.
Front Closure Tab:
1. Press under 1/2" along both 8" sides of fabric, fold long piece in half to create a 1"x4" tab. Topstitch through all thickness 1/4”? along all edges of tab. Center along right edge of card holder section, match up raw edges, and stitch in place.
Outside Card Holder Wallet:
1. Pin inside wallet and outside wallet pieces right sides together. Using a 1/2"seam allowance, sew around all 4 sides leaving a 3" opening for turning. Trim remaining seams allowance to 1/4" cutting the corners diagonally. Leave the seam allowances at the opening. Turn.
2. Add cardboard foundation to inside of the wallet to add firmness and shape. Whipstitch opening closed. Topstitch through all thicknesses 1/4"around wallet edge to complete and add a finishing touch to wallet. Topstitch through all thickness on either side of the inside divider strip to hold the foundation board in place. Add a snap or Velcro to the front closure tab.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>