SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Small black canvas
- Neon paint
- X-Acto knife
- Chevron print fabric (black & white)
- Puffy paint
- Card stock, white
- Double-sided sticky paper
1. Collect white card stock and stencil the letters F, A, B, L, O, U, S.
2. Once stenciled cut out letters and apply the neon paint.
3. When applying the neon paint, use a toothpick to add another color of neon paint and swirl this color into the existing paint. This will create a marbled pattern. (Practice this technique on scrap card stock before applying this technique to the letters.)
4. Allow 24 hours to dry.
5. Collect chevron print fabric and double sided sticky paper and stencil the letters Y, O and U. The letters Y, O and U should be larger then your F, A, B, L, O, U, S letters.
6. Cut the letters out from the fabric and the paper.
7. Once all the large letters are cut peel away one side of the sticky paper of the letters and place the Chevron fabric letters on this sticky paper.
8. Now peel away the back side of the sticky paper and apply in the center of the black canvas.
9. After 24 hours place the F, A, B, L, O, U, S letters to the black canvas using glue.
10. Place the letters F, A, B to the top left of the canvas, and place the letters L, O, U, S to the bottom right of the canvas. (This will create the chevron YOU to be the focal point of the canvas.)
11. Apply puffy paint around the chevron print letters to create a clean finish.