Faceted Teardrop Necklace
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Faceted acrylic teardrop beads, 37x21mm: aqua, mint, blue
- Bright silver 4mm jump rings
- Bright silver rope toggle clasp
- Silver plated cable chain 6&'
- Long/flat nose pliers
- Bust form (optional)
- Wire cutters
1. Cut 2 lengths of chain- 14-1/2" and 3-1/2".
2. Attach each end of the 14-1/2" chain to both sides of the toggle clasp with jump rings. Attach the 3-1/2" chain to the center of the 14-1/2" chain with a jump ring. Utilize a bust form to ease in execution.
3. Necklace base: Starting 4-3/4" away from one of the clasps on the chain necklace base, attach the jump ring on a mint teardrop and attach to the chain. Continue attaching teardrops every 3/4" (or every 4 links) in this order: blue, aqua, mint, blue (attach to center joint), mint, aqua, blue and mint. The last teardrop will be 4-3/4" away from the other clasp on the necklace chain.
4. Necklace tail: attach teardrops in a pattern or random order every few links down the 3-1/2" tail. Alternate the side of the chain to which the teardrops are attached. Attach a teardrop to the last link of chain.