Fairy Garden Book
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Paper mache book
- FolkArt® Home Decor™ Chalk: Cascade, Lilac
- Acrylic paint: white, beige, light blue
- Paintbrushes: 1" flat brush, detail brush
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- 1" Styrofoam™ sheet
- Blue glass pebbles
- Small assorted stones
- Super glue or epoxy
- Moss sheet
- Serrated knife
- Desired fairy garden decor
Allow paint to dry thoroughly between each step.
1. Apply the Cascade FolkArt® Home Decor™ Chalk to outside of paper mache book. Allow to dry. Apply the Lilac FolkArt® Home Decor™ Chalk over the Cascade. Allow to dry.
2. Distress the book by sanding areas so the Cascade color shows through the Lilac.
3. With a pencil write “Book of Fairy Tales”? on the cover of the book. Create swirls and embellishments off the letters.
4. Paint the title with white paint using a small detail brush. Allow to dry. Paint over the white letters with beige. Add depth to the letters by adding a drop shadow using the Cascade FolkArt® Home Decor™ Chalk. Allow to dry. Sand the title and cover again to distress.
5. Paint the sides of the book to mimic pages using the white and beige paint. Paint the base white and brush in streaks of beige while paint is still wet.
6. Paint the inside lid light blue. Allow to dry. Add white clouds to mimic a sky. Prop lid open to allow the paint to dry.
7. Add small holes on the long open side of the book, one hole in the bottom portion where the side meets the cover and one in the lid where the cover and lip meet. Use the tip of scissors to create holes.
8. Thread a piece of ribbon through each hole. Knot on the inside and secure by adding a dot of glue on the knot.
9. On the inside of the book, add pieces of Styrofoam™ as desired to add elevation to the deep side of the book. Use a serrated knife to cut the Styrofoam. Cover the entire side with moss using hot glue.
10. Add glass pebbles and small stones using super glue or epoxy to hold them in place.
11. Place fairy garden decor on moss.