LILY PAD WITH FLOWER
LILY PAD FLOWER
1. Select 1 sheet of white cardstock from the Pastels Textured Cardstock Stack™. Cut 3 different circles measuring 5½" across, 3½" across and 2½" across. Note: Adjust the sizes of circles as necessary to match the size of project.
2. Beginning with largest circle, draw a petal border 1" into the circle. Cut this out and curl back the edges.
3. Repeat Step 2 with the remaining circles, going into the edge of each one 1/2" with the petal border.
4. Adhere circles together, largest on the bottom and smallest on the top—each one going in the center of the previous circle.
5. Select a yellow print from Fresh Floral Stack®. Cut a strip that is 1"x12". Make a fringe along one of the longer edges, going down 3/4" into the paper. Curl back the fringe with the edge of pencil.
6. Beginning with the inside, start rolling the paper around itself to create a center for flower. Adhere as needed, continuing to roll paper in place until reaching the end. If a larger center is desired, repeat this process until it reaches desired size. Adhere this to the center of the smallest flower.
1. Select a green print from the Fresh Floral Stack®. Draw a lily pad shape measuring approximately 10"x11"onto the back of sheet. Cut this out and attach flower. Note: Adjust the size of lily pad to be proportional with flower.
1. Select 3 prints for each flower. Create a template for flower petals in preferred shape and size. Trace onto first print 5 times; cut out. Curl back the top section of each one by pulling it over the edge of a pencil. Note: to get a more rolled look, use more tension between finger and the top of pencil.
2. Create a template for leaves in preferred shape and size. Trace onto second print 5 times; cut out. Create texture in leaves by curling them back if desired.
3. Take last print and cut a 1/2"x12" strip. Cut a fringed-edge along one of the long sides, going 1/4" down into the cardstock.
4. Cut a 6" piece of wire. Take fringed piece of cardstock, and beginning at the top, wrap it around once and secure in place. Continue wrapping it down wire, adhering in place as needed, until at least 2" of wire is covered. Cut off the excess paper and adhere in place with hot glue.
5. Take flower petals and adhere them around last section of fringed paper. Note: to facilitate this process, pinch the middle of the bottom section before adhering them in place.
6. Take leaves and adhere them around the base of flower.
7. Repeat above steps to create multiple paper flowers.
1. Take desired paper print and cut 2 strips measuring 2"x12".
2. Take scissors and cut along the long side of each strip to give them a slightly scalloped edge. Ink the edges.
3. Make a center for flower by wrapping paper around the floral wire, folding the edges out as wrapping progresses and securing as needed with hot glue. Once center is created, cut off the end and adhere in place.
4. Add layers to flower by taking 3" sections of strips and wrapping them around the center until desired size is reached. Finish off the flower by adding a pearl button accent to the center.
5. Embellish flower by tying raffia directly underneath.
6. Cut 2 to 3 leaves and adhere as desired to the stem. Note: When cutting leaves, be sure to leave the end being adhered to the stem slightly extended to give a life-like look once the leaves are adhered in place.
SHIPPINGShipping your purchase is easy at JOANN! Orders typically leave our warehouses within 1-3 business days (Mon-Fri). Delivery date depends on the destination address and the shipping method. You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped.
RETURNSReturns can be made for FREE in any of our stores.