- 1 yd glitter tulle
- 1 1/2 yd ribbon
- 3/4 yd 1/2" elastic
- Felt square
- Sewing machine with zipper foot
- Basic sewing supplies
- 4 wire coat hangers: similar size & thickness
- Wire cutters
1. Cut the hook off each hanger with wire cutters; do not untwist the hanger. For smaller wings, cut the twist off and then retwist to desired size. Use pliers to shape hanger into a teardrop shape.
2. Cut the glitter tulle into 8 squares 2" to 3" larger than teardrop shape. Place 1 wire shape between 2 pieces of tulle and pin. Use zipper foot to sew as close as possible around the outside edge of wire; then sew the inside. Trim tulle 1/2" around the wire shape. Repeat with the other 3 hangers.
3. Straps: Fold ribbon in half lengthwise & sew close to edge. Cut into two 27" pieces. Cut elastic in half & insert into ribbon. Secure ends.
4. Cut 2 pieces of felt from pattern. Following markings on pattern, attach straps to one side of an oval. Lay the other oval down and place wings. Apply glue to felt and wings; place felt oval with the straps sewn on onto the top. Press to secure glue. Allow glue to dry thoroughly.