Fall Apple Crate
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Sizzix® BIGkick™ or Vagabond™ Machine
- Sizzix Bigz™ Dies: Tim Holtz®
- Tattered Florals & Tattered Leaves
- Small wood crate with handle cutout
- Core’dinations® cardstock: Roasted Pepper
- Tim Holtz® Distress Collection:
- Wild Honey, Brushed Corduroy
- DCWV® 12"x12" Modern Meadow Stack®
- Tim Holtz® Distress™ Ink: Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo
- Burlap: Brown, Oyster
- Acrylic paint: Light Cinnamon
- Fine hemp twine
1. Mix one part Light Cinnamon paint to one part water to look like wood stain.
2. Paint wood crate with one coat of paint stain. If a darker look is desired, apply 2nd coat.
3. Set crate aside and allow to dry.
4. Use the Tattered Florals die to cut 2 large flowers from dark burlap, 4 medium flowers from patterned paper and 2 small Flowers from light burlap.
5. Assemble the large flower by layering the 2 large burlap flowers with 2 of the medium paper flowers and the 2 small burlap flowers. Embellish with a twine bow in the center.
6. Assemble the two smaller flowers using the remaining medium flower pieces. Make a slit between two petals, from the edge to the center of the flower. Bring the petals from either side of the slit together, so that one overlaps the other, and adhere.
7. Use a small scrap of the light burlap in the center of each of the smaller Flowers. Embellish with a bit of twine adhered into a spiral.
8. Use the Tattered Leaves die to cut leaves in several sizes from colored cardstock.
9. Ink leaf edges with distress ink.
10. To give the leaves dimension, use a scoring tool or the back end of a paintbrush to create a crease down the center of each and bend the edges.
11. Cut four 1" triangles from light-colored patterned paper. Ink edges with distress ink.
12. Draw a letter on each triangle to spell “FALL.”
13. Cut four 11⁄2" triangles from patterned paper. Ink edges with distress ink.
14. Adhere triangles together, centering the letters.
15. Pull a piece a string from the burlap material and create a swag line. Adhere the string to the crate, with one end at each of the top corners. Attach “FALL” triangle pennants to the string, making sure it hangs low enough for all of the letters to fit.
16. Layer leaves in each of the upper corners of the crate. The, attach the flowers.
17. Embellish with a few loops of twine.
Select Color:Click on a swatch to check availability and Add to Bag
OUT OF STOCK