Fall Candy Name Card with Mums
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® foodcrafting supplies:Candy Melts Candy: White (1 pkg. makes 6 name cards) & RedBrush Set9-Cavity Petite Loaf Pan15-1/4"x10-1/4" Cookie Pan15" Parchment TrianglesCake Decorating Tip: 1Autumn 6-Cell Sprinkle DecorationsMum Royal Icing DecorationsParchment Paper
- Solid vegetable shortening
- Measuring spoons
1. Mold name cards. Two plaques are required for each name card. The back of the name card is not decorated.
2. Melt white Candy Melts candy according to package directions.
3. Use brush and solid vegetable shortening to coat petite loaf pan cavities.
4. Use measuring spoons to pour 2 tablespoons of melted candy into each cavity.
5. Allow to cool in refrigerator 10 to 15 minutes. Carefully remove from pan.
6. Decorate name cards. Melt red Candy Melts candy according to package directions.
7. Tape tip 1 to end of cut parchment bag. Use melted red candy in parchment bag with tip 1 to write name on right side of front name card.
8. Use melted white candy in cut parchment bag to attach autumn sprinkles to top and bottom borders of name card and to attach mum icing decorations; hold in position until set. Allow to cool in refrigerator 3 to 5 minutes.
9. Assemble name cards. Position front and back names cards tent fashion at a 45° angle, with top edges touching. Use melted white candy in cut parchment bag to pipe a line of melted candy along the top edge where the cards meet. Hold in place until lightly set.
10. Carefully place on a parchment paper-covered cookie pan and place in refrigerator. Allow to cool in refrigerator 3 to 5 minutes or until completely set.
Project Tip: Candy name cards at each place setting make guests feel special and are a welcome addition to your holiday table. Make the name cards for every holiday. Mold in seasonal Candy Melts candy colors and use Wilton Sprinkles to match the celebration!
It is more convenient to use parchment bags when working with smaller amounts of melted candy. Use disposable decorating bags when working with larger amounts of melted candy.