Note: Allow to dry completely between painting steps.
1. To print the patterns, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above).
2. Use a ruler to mark lines with pencil. For word " F a l l " measure in 4-1/2" increments. Last section will be slightly larger and will measure 6".
3. Use 3/4" flat brush to paint sectioned-off areas in this order from left to right: Yellow Ochre, Pansy Lavender, Jack-O’-Lantern Orange, Neutral Grey.
4. Use liner brush to paint tiny Xs between each color in Light Buttermilk.
5. Trace leaf pattern onto canvas with pencil. Using #8 round brush, mix a bit of Buttermilk with Neutral Grey and paint leaf.
6. Using 3/4"¾” flat brush, add thin coat of Americana Fabric Decou-Page to back side of fabric scraps. (This will prevent fraying.)
7. Trace and cut out letters. Using 3/4" flat brush, decoupage letters in place.
8. Using 3/4" flat brush, seal entire surface with Fabric Decou-Page.
9. Cut ribbon 24" long and use thumbtacks to adhere to back side of canvas.
10. Cut ten pieces of fabric 1"x7"x7". Tie five pieces to each side of ribbon.