Practice stamping before beginning project.
1. Tape the solid circle blank to the bench block. The tape should be placed just below the center so images are centered when stamped.
2. Start with the Mom stamp; place it in the center of blank. Hold the stamp with the printed side facing you. The stamp should be flush to the top of the blank & fingers should be grasping at the bottom away from the top of the stamp.
3. Give the stamp one good hit dead center with the stamping hammer. Do not move it off the blank. Tilt the stamp towards the upper left and strike, upper right and strike, lower left and strike, lower right and strike. This helps to ensure an even impression when using design stamps. Do not lift or move the position of the stamp to avoid skipped or ghost impressions.
4. Repeat the process with the Dad stamp to the left & the Baby to the right; or use desired family member stamps.
5. Stamp the washer blank next. Tape the top of the washer down at the pierced hole. Move the bench blank around to face you while stamping to keep the stamp facing forward & the letters angled properly.
6. Plan the spacing of letters so they’re evenly spaced. To aid in spacing, mark the stamp placement with a pencil and wipe it off after stamping. Start with the letter F and stamp. The stamp should be held firmly and flush to the top of the blank. Give it one good strike. The letters aren’t as detail-rich as the design stamps, so one strike is sufficient. Turn the bench block and stamp A. Repeat turning the block until the word “FAMILY” is stamped around the washer blank.
7. Use a cotton swab to apply enamel paint to the stamped areas of the blanks. Allow to sit for 30 seconds, then wipe off with a paper towel.
8. Use chain-nose pliers to attach the blanks to the chain with a jump ring. Open the ring laterally to maintain the circle shape; close it securely with tension. Brush the ends of the jump ring past each other while compressing them with the pliers. On the second pass, the rings should click together. You should hear a sound and feel them click into place.
SHIPPINGShipping your purchase is easy at JOANN! Orders typically leave our warehouses within 1-3 business days (Mon-Fri). Delivery date depends on the destination address and the shipping method. You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped.
RETURNSReturns can be made for FREE in any of our stores.