Practice stamping before beginning project.
1. Tape the solid circle blank to the bench block. The tape should be placed just below the center so images are centered when stamped.
2. Start with the Mom stamp; place it in the center of blank. Hold the stamp with the printed side facing you. The stamp should be flush to the top of the blank & fingers should be grasping at the bottom away from the top of the stamp.
3. Give the stamp one good hit dead center with the stamping hammer. Do not move it off the blank. Tilt the stamp towards the upper left and strike, upper right and strike, lower left and strike, lower right and strike. This helps to ensure an even impression when using design stamps. Do not lift or move the position of the stamp to avoid skipped or ghost impressions.
4. Repeat the process with the Dad stamp to the left & the Baby to the right; or use desired family member stamps.
5. Stamp the washer blank next. Tape the top of the washer down at the pierced hole. Move the bench blank around to face you while stamping to keep the stamp facing forward & the letters angled properly.
6. Plan the spacing of letters so they’re evenly spaced. To aid in spacing, mark the stamp placement with a pencil and wipe it off after stamping. Start with the letter F and stamp. The stamp should be held firmly and flush to the top of the blank. Give it one good strike. The letters aren’t as detail-rich as the design stamps, so one strike is sufficient. Turn the bench block and stamp A. Repeat turning the block until the word “FAMILY” is stamped around the washer blank.
7. Use a cotton swab to apply enamel paint to the stamped areas of the blanks. Allow to sit for 30 seconds, then wipe off with a paper towel.
8. Use chain-nose pliers to attach the blanks to the chain with a jump ring. Open the ring laterally to maintain the circle shape; close it securely with tension. Brush the ends of the jump ring past each other while compressing them with the pliers. On the second pass, the rings should click together. You should hear a sound and feel them click into place.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>