Fancy Jack-O'-Lantern Tote
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- One 12"x18" craft foam sheet, orange
- 1 boa, green
- One 9"x12" craft foam sheet, black
- 2-sided self-adhesive alphabet
- Sequins: black & green
- Glitter: black green
- Ribbon, 1 spool each: black with white circles, green with lighter green circles
- Hole punch
- Pinking shears
- Tacky glue
- Xyron 510 sticker machine (optional)
- Cut orange craft foam sheet in half; pink the edges. Make dots at every inch along the edges as a guide for punching holes. Punch holes through first panel. Lay panel over the 2nd orange panel & make dots through the holes onto the 2nd panel. Punch the second set of holes.
- Glue 1 end of the boa to 1 of the top corners, between the orange panels. Allow to dry. Lay the long end of the boa along the top edge of 1 bag panel. Secure boa to bag by tying green ribbon through the holes & catching the boa in it with a knot. Repeat on entire top edge of both orange panels. Trim handle to length. Glue the end between the orange layers.
- Tie off the edges of the remainder of the bag with black ribbon. Glue sequins to cover any ribbon circles visible on the front of the bag.
- Cut a jack-o'-lantern face from black craft foam and run it through the Xyron 510 (or apply glue). Cover all surfaces of the features with sequins and glitter. Glue to the front of the tote.
- Peel the front side off the alphabet letters & cover with green glitter. Peel off back side & press onto the tote.