Farm Fairy Garden
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Corrugated cardboard or foam core board - 18"x20"
- 1 pkg moss in flats sheets
- 1 pkg assorted round mosses
- Assorted accessories: Resin barn, rabbit hutch, chickens, cow, pig, sheep, dog, flower pot, red wagon, water pump, porch chair, tractor, pick up truck, watering can, rain barrel, 1 packet of cardboard apples in a basket and apples sign
- 1 Bag of brown gravel like sand
- 1 Bag of light brown sand
- Bag of teeny glass light blue stones
- Bag of ICE stones
- White picket fence
- Branch of little yellow flowers that look like ears of corn
- Branch of orange buds that when turned upside down look like pumpkins
- Small sprig of pine tree like greenery
- A few small pine trees
- Clump of artificial succulent plants that look like small cabbage heads
- Branch of greenery that looks like stalks of corns
- Tube of Gorilla Glue®
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- 1 block of green floral foam
- Old serrated kitchen knife
- Wire cutters
- Bottle of cheap clear nail polish
- Tacky glue
Note: Attach the natural items using hot glue. Attach bigger items with the Gorilla Glue®.
- Place all of the accessories on the cardboard piece without the green foam to figure out placement.
- Using a serrated knife and the green foam, cut the form of a rolling hill coming towards the viewer.
- Attach the green foam to the cardboard using the Gorilla Glue and the hot glue as well.
- Determine location of the barn and chicken coop.
- Glue down all of the base terrain, such as the mosses and sandy areas, first.
- Brush on tacky glue where the sand will be (fields). Then sprinkle the sand in those areas. Allow to dry overnight. Tip the layout over a wastebasket and gently tap off the excess.
- To make the riverbed, brush a good amount of tacky glue in the base of the river. Sprinkle stones, ICE and blue glass beads in the glue and allow it to dry. Once the river is dry, brush clear nail polish on top.
- For the pumpkin patch, glue the flat moss in the pumpkin field and press it as flat as possible.
- Snip the orange buds off the branch and glue them randomly with hot glue in the pumpkin patch.
- Snip off the cabbage heads and glue them in rows with hot glue.
- For corn stalks. snip off the little yellow ears from the branch of flowers. Glue 2 or 3 ears in at the base of the green plastic leaves to appear like stalks of corns. Place some of the ears by the chicken coop and in the bed of the pick up truck.
- Glue the accessories down with Gorilla Glue®, especially the heavier items.
- Place the white picket fence on the edge of the farm or follow along with the photo. Hang signs on the fence.
- Use the assorted mosses to nestle the items in the layout and surround the buildings as well.
Items in This Collection
Item # 3062734
Available for U.S. Shipping Only