SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Delta Creative™ Soy Paint: Red Apple, Mushroom, Butternut Squash, Sunflower, Cocoa, Red Clay, Cucumber, Foliage
- Delta Creative™ Soy Stain: Walnut
- Paintbrushes: Flats #2 and #10, Script Liner 2
- Wood plaque
- Petroleum jelly
- Black transfer paper
- Masking tape
- Computer & printer
1. Basecoat plaque with Cocoa. Rub the edges with petroleum jelly. Basecoat with Mushroom.
2. Tape off 2½" from the bottom and top of plaque. Paint the center Cucumber. Paint the bottom Cocoa. Sand all the edges to create a distressed look.
3. Paint the tomato with Red Apple, adding some Red Clay to the paint for detail. Paint the stem Foliage.
4. Paint the peapods and stem with Foliage. Paint the peas with Cucumber, highlighting with Sunflower for detail.
5. Paint the carrot with Butternut Squash. Paint the leaves with Foliage. Add details with Cocoa.
6. Using FangSong font on a computer, print "Farmers MARKET" and trace onto the plaque with transfer paper. Paint "Farmers" with Cocoa and "MARKET" with Mushroom.
7. Paint a stripe in Mushroom as shown and add dots in Cocoa.
8. When dry, apply a thin coat of Walnut stain to create an aged look.